Do you want to buy a quality printer for under $200? Are you tired of endless shopping and reading countless reviews online? It’s understandable if you’re tempted to snatch up the least expensive option, but that could prove to be a costly mistake. Not all printers are equal, and without the proper research, you may end up with a malfunctioning printer that causes nothing but a headache.
HP ENVY 6055 Wireless Printer
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, WiFi, USB
- Print Speed: 7 ppm
- 2-sided printing: Yes
Epson XP-4100 Wireless Color Printer
- Connectivity: WiFi
- Print Speed: 5 ppm
- 2-sided printing: Yes
Canon TR8620 All-in-One Printer
- Connectivity: USB
- Print Speed: 10 ppm
- 2-sided printing: Yes
From slow printing speeds to poor prints to multiple jams, having a sub-par printer can be a real nightmare. It can lead to costly delays, ink, paper, and time spent trying to fix the issue and might leave you right back where you started, searching for an affordable printer.
Get Your Print On: 5 Productive Printers Under $200
Here we’ve put together a list of our top picks for the best printers under $200. We’ve researched, tested, and compared dozens of products to make sure you get the most bang for your buck.
Our list includes a range of features, from fast printing speeds to wireless networking capabilities. We’ve taken the time to research and compare printers so you don’t have to. Don’t let a tight budget stand in the way of getting the perfect printer for your office or home.
1. HP ENVY 6055 Wireless Printer – Editor’s Choice
The HP ENVY 6055 printer eliminates connectivity issues. Boasting self-healing Wi-Fi technology, you can effortlessly pair all your devices. Keep your connection running like clockwork with minimal disturbances. You won’t experience any more anxiety of being disconnected from the world wide web, as this printer provides efficient and dependable access to the web.
We love that now you can experience the convenience of never running out of ink again with this printer. Enjoy a complimentary 2-month subscription to HP+ Instant Ink delivery when you activate it, then, for a small monthly fee, get up to 50% off your ink and have it delivered to your doorstep with no effort or hassle.
Another great thing about this unit is that it’s HP Smart app is the gateway to unlocking the potential of your device. It gives you the power to control, monitor, and troubleshoot your printer with ease, no matter where you are. It’s like having an expert technician at your fingertips, with the ability to set up scan-to-email, print from any mobile device, and even order supplies automatically.
You won’t blend in with the crowd when you use the HP ENVY 6055. This remarkable printer has the power to realize your most intricate and creative decal designs with impeccable detail and accuracy. Its specialized decal ink can adhere to any material, ensuring that your logo, artwork, or message will appear exactly as you envisioned.
- Print documents, photos, and more quickly with a print rate of up to 7 pages per minute in color.
- Accommodates up to 100 sheets of input and can output 25 sheets at once, enabling you to fulfill your printing needs without the hassle of having to reload paper.
- The auto-Duplex function helps you effortlessly print on both sides of the paper.
- Comes with a One-year limited hardware warranty to give you peace of mind.
- This printer lacks the Automatic Document Feeder on its scanner.
2. Epson XP-4100 Wireless Color Printer – User’s Choice
For prints that will wow you with their speed and quality, the Epson Expression Home XP-4100 is a perfect choice. With a maximum printing speed of 5 pages per minute in color, you’ll have stunning prints in mere minutes. Bulk printing jobs are no problem with this powerful machine; get your projects done quickly and accurately.
Get rid of paper clutter so you can be more productive. With auto 2-sided printing, you can enjoy a time- and cost-efficient printing solution that helps reduce paper and toner usage. Simply set up the printer and let it handle the rest, no more manual feeding and flipping of paper for double-sided documents. Now, you can easily print both sides of a page and become more work-efficient.
Furthermore, printing from your mobile device has never been simpler, thanks to the Epson iPrint app. This free app allows users to wirelessly print documents, photos, and more from iPads, iPhones, Android devices, and more without the need to connect to a computer or any other device. All you need to do is download the app, connect your device to the printer using Wi-Fi, and you’re ready to start printing.
You can ensure optimal performance from your Epson Expression Home XP-4100 by operating it between 10 and 35 degrees Celsius. Avoiding temperatures that are too high can help protect the components from suffering due to the heat while keeping the temperature too low can prevent moisture from forming and damaging delicate parts.
- It packs a powerful punch, delivering stunningly crisp photos and documents with Instant dry Clarion ink that can’t be beaten in quality.
- Now say farewell to tedious paper refills, as with its 100-sheet paper feed tray you’ll be printing for hours on end.
- Print your documents in monochrome at a speed of up to 10 pages per minute, making it quick and easy to produce all your black and white prints.
- Employs Hands-Free Voice-Activated Printing command that will respond to commands like “Print” or “Print This” with the use of a few words.
- This product has an Achilles’ Heel: any cartridge other than Epson’s genuine ink cartridges can cause irreparable damage to the printer.
3. Canon TR8620 All-in-One Printer – Overall Best
Canon PIXMA TR8620 delivers the ultimate versatility with its flatbed and sheetfed scanners. Because of its resolution of 1200 DPI and 24-bit color depth, you can expect stunning scanning quality that’ll make document scanning at home or in a small office a breeze.
One of the best things about this device is that it offers a user-friendly interface with its intuitive 4.3 inches LCD touchscreen. This makes navigating the printer’s menus and functions much more simple and more efficient. You also have the added benefit of being able to preview the document or photo you are about to print, so you can ensure it is exactly what you need before you press the print button.
We were very impressed with the printer’s compatibility with mobile devices and the endless possibilities it offers. It is a great way to get creative as with the Easy-PhotoPrint Editor app or Canon Creative Park App, you can make beautiful posters, calendars, and other craft projects. If you want to take your creativity to a higher level, try out Canon Double-sided Matte Photo Paper, Magnetic Photo Paper, and more.
Moreover, this unit is designed to save users both time and money, thanks to its impressive 10 pages per minute (ppm) printing speed. This permits users to quickly and efficiently produce large print jobs with ease. The speedy ink movement across the page means that jobs can be completed in a fraction of the time, making it a great choice for those who need to print large amounts of material quickly and efficiently.
The Canon TS6420 Printer comes with built-in WiFi (R), allowing you to print wirelessly from any location in your home. All you need to do is connect your laptop, tablet, or smartphone to your wireless network and you’re ready to go. Now you can print without any extra cables and any hassle.
- Features a built-in Auto-Document Feeder for the easy copying and scanning of multi-page documents.
- Possess a pre-installed Auto Duplex feature, allowing you to print on both sides of the paper automatically.
- It’s Dual-Paper Feeding capability helps to hold both plain and photo paper at the same time, without having to remove paper or switch trays.
- The printer has 5 individual ink tanks, ensuring you only have to replace the color that runs out.
- The only thing we didn’t like about this item is that it has only an average level of color accuracy.
4. Brother HL-L2350DW Laser Printer
Make your home or office run faster with the Brother HL-L2350DW Laser Printer. This lightning-quick printer is perfect for those who are always on the go, with its 32 pages per minute (ppm) monochrome printing speed. No more waiting around for large print jobs to finish as now you can quickly get back to what matters most.
You’ll be thrilled to hear that this model is a great option for those who require a printer that yields sharp, highly detailed prints with a resolution of up to 1200 dpi. This exceptional resolution guarantees that any text or visuals that are printed are clear and precise, as well as permitting fine details in pictures to be accurately depicted. This makes it an ideal device for creating professional documents like resumes, pamphlets, or brochures.
Besides that this item is here to make sure your money remains in your wallet. It includes a Toner Save mode that alters the printed density and shrinks the text size – making sure you get the best out of your toner. Even though the resolution of the files may be lower, it still looks good enough for most business documents.
Brother HL-L2350DW Laser Printer is designed for top-notch performance and is equipped with Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. This connection is lightning-fast, capable of transferring data at a rate of up to 480 Mbps – that’s 40 times faster than the USB 1.1 speed of 12 Mbps! With such high speed, large printing jobs can be finished in a fraction of the time, and data exchange between the printer and a connected computer is almost real-time.
- Its paper tray has a capacity of 250 sheets, making it easy to handle a letter or legal-size paper.
- The manual feed slot and rear paper exit ensure a smooth paper path, resulting in optimal output quality.
- This company employs a double-sided printing approach to help conserve resources and protect the environment by making use of both sides of a sheet of paper.
- Weighing just 15.9 pounds, it is both lightweight and portable.
- Brother HL-L2350DW is unable to produce color prints.
5. Canon PIXMA G3260 All-in-One Printer
Say farewell to the days of searching for a computer or printer to print off those crucial documents or images. Canon Pixma MG3260 Mobile Device Printing feature is here to make your life easier. With the Canon PRINT app, available for both iOS and Android devices, you can print off your photos and documents in no time, and with just a few clicks you can adjust the paper size, type, quality, and orientation.
Most customers are attracted to this purchase because it has built-in Wi-Fi capabilities, with which connecting your printer to your home or office network has never been easier. A few clicks and your printer is connected with your network name and password, ready to print from any device on the same network without having to worry about pesky cables or manual configuration.
In addition to that, this unit packs a punch with a maximum print speed of 6 pages per minute in color, meaning high-quality prints can be produced with impressive speed. Those with large printing jobs can rest easy knowing they can finish quickly and efficiently by saving time and enjoying the highest quality prints in a fraction of the time that a slower printer would take.
If you’re looking for a printer that won’t cost you an arm and a leg in ink costs, then Canon PIXMA G3260 is the one for you. With this printer, you’ll enjoy an ink savings of 1,175 and still experience high yields of up to 6,000 black/7,700 printed pages from just a single set of color bottles. But that’s not all, it also comes with two bonus black ink bottles, so you can print even more without worrying about running out of ink.
- This machine also offers copying and scanning (with flatbed scanner) capabilities.
- Print multiple pages at once with a paper capacity of 100 sheets of plain paper.
- It has a Monochrome Print speed of approx. 11 pages per minute to ensure efficient and fast printing performance.
- You can create stunning documents and pictures with its hybrid ink system that produces sharp black borderless photos in dye-based colors up to 8.5” x 11” on any type of paper.
- It does not have the capability of printing on both sides of a sheet of paper.
The Last Word is Here!
The HP ENVY 6055 printer is hailed as the top pick among the reviewed products. Unlocking features such as Cloud Printing capabilities, dual-sided printing, and self-mending Wi-Fi, it’s a must-have for any tech enthusiast.
But if your budget is tight, the Epson Expression Home XP-4100 printer offers an impressive display, an operating temperature of 10-35 degrees Celsius, and compatibility with a variety of devices, making it an exceptional bargain.
Nathan is a professional printer writer which is a part of TechnofyTrends. I have done my master’s in Printing Technology from the Rochester Institute of Technology. I have written several articles on printers, and I am always looking to provide the latest information on printers. Meet our team